03 October 2026

The Hooverville Hexagon: Sunday Rotogravure

The world is full of old buildings. Take notice, please. They like the attention.

 

Door of the Week

by DG

Historic Brookville is so…well, historic.

 

Decorative door, Main Street, Brookville, Pennsylvania

 

Way Up in the Steeple

by Paigetheoracle

In Inverness the workmen have a bird's-eye view.

 

Workmen among the scaffolding on the steeple of Old High Church, Inverness

and old boats...


Shipping News

by Bluebottle

PS Waverley, offshore

The PS Waverley is the world's last ocean-going paddle steamer. Based in Scotland, the Waverley often visits the south coast of England every summer. Here are some photos of her visiting Sandown Bay on 19th September this year.

Bluebottle


PS Waverley

but nature still tends to outdo us all.

 

Sunday Meditation

by DG

 

Lenticular cloud over houses

Lenticular cloud over Cleethorpes, by Angel LiaDan

 

I think I know how a cloud feels

every morning I arrive here from somewhere else

gather my thoughts from the four winds

get my bearings

feel around for where I am

wonder at my lack of weight

ask myself what is happening

view the busy earth from

far away


Your Sunday Beauty Spot

by Tavaron da Quirm

From a couple of years ago: the peaceful Piesting River (Austria).



cu a-o,

 Dmitri Gheorgheni, Editor

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us a message!

The Hooverville Hexagon: Monday, Monday

  We have some fascinating creatures, real and invented.   Caterpillar of the Week by DG Angel Lia Dan sends greetings. She found th...