How
Do Our Gardens Grow?
by DG
Photo by Tavaron
we are stardust
we are golden
and we have to get ourselves
back to the garden
no you're not you're green
and oversized
there are too many of you
and I want you OUT
and it's August
and it's a national holiday* even
so here you go, neighbor
have some zucchini on your porch
while I run away
under cover of darkness
*8 August=NationalSneak Zucchini Onto Your Neighbor's Porch Day (US, observed)
Picture
Puzzle
By DG
These crop plants in Mrs Hoggett's garden are a
disappointment to her. What are they and why is nobody happy? (Except the
bugs.)
Hint: These grow best in the Southern US and other tropical and subtropical regions around the planet, including the Mediterranean and East Africa.
Not
Edible, But
Food
for the Soul
by Paigetheoracle
This maidenhair fern has an otherworldly beauty against
old stone walls in Scotland.
Comment
Section
SashaQ compliments Bluebottle: Great
slideshow of Jersey – amazing scenery.
And Galaxy Babe: Great photo of Alesund – superb reflection.
And
Now for Something You
Don't Want in Your Garden
Cinema by Awix
Seenthissortofthingbefaurus
I can think of quite a few films based on the premise
of well-established stars running away from prehistoric monsters – everyone
from Chris Pratt to Scarlett Johansson has had their go at being what I suppose
you’d call a moveable feast. And now proudly, or possibly not, joining their
ranks are Ewan McGregor and Anne Hathaway in David Robert Mitchell’s The
End of Oak Street. (Click link to continue.)
Video
of the Day:
How
Now, Brown Cow?
(DG)
Over at the farm, the veggies may be slow this year,
but this little cow is content and, let's face it, showing off: bet you can't
do that with your ears.
Keep on the sunny side, Dmitri Gheorgheni, Editor




When I was a teenager, I had a maidenhair fern but it died. Over the years my green fingers have improved , except for a grazed thumb (the editor may explain) as my accident prone life attests. Like Awix's title for his review - probably better than the film. Rex Gilroy, the cryptozoologist, who lived in Australia has collected reports from various witnesses, possibly indicating that dinosaurs may still be around or time slipping into our world, so you've been warned about holiday destinations abroad...but Nessie may still be hanging around Scotland (no I'm not selling a tour of the loch tickets! That's a totally unsubstantiated rumour, put about by the guy suing me!)
ReplyDelete