Fairytale
Potemkin Castle
By Caiman Raptor Elk
While
visiting the German border town of Füssen, I found that due to a lack of
builders / stonemasons (probably busy on the Neuschwanstein fairytale castle)
they decided to paint the ornaments and fancy windows onto the local castle
instead.
Maybe
this is where Tetris was originally invented?
Editor's note: It's called trompe d'oeil. It
sounds fancier that way.
Hohes Schloss Füssen
(Does the Man in the High Castle live here?)
Environmental
Report
(also
conceptual art)
By Paigetheoracle
By the
way, cleared up the fifth 70-litre bag of rubbish – three at the solar panel
array at the school and two along the bottom and top paths, in the woods
adjacent to the Crawl Park field. The school has repaired the fence surrounding
the array because I think the kids vandalised the solar panels (saw engineers
there a few weeks back). Probably something was said at the school assembly and
the kids have vacated the area.
Still Life with Growing Plant
Poetry
Corner
By Your Editor
Why we prefer to do our own writing, drawing, and
photography. Because the word 'smartphone'
is an oxymoron.
Image: Portrait of an angry artist with a kitschy AI painting. Image montage made by DG by egregious misuse of generative AI and a self-portrait by Anton Graff that I found on Project Gutenberg. Sneaky techniques were involved.
Video
of the Day:
Demolition
Derby
In the US they call it a 'demolition derby'. In the UK,
it's a 'banger race'. What do they call it where you come from, other than a
lot of fun?
CU l8ter,
Dmitri Gheorgheni, Editor



According to t'internet, that is the courtyard of Hohes Schloss, with trompe-l'œil dating back to 1499, so almost 400 years before the castles of Ludwig II.
ReplyDeleteI'd definitely happily spend far longer sitting and admiring the beauty of the castle courtyard than watching stock car racing, I'm afraid. I prefer sport where you can sit back, relax, and occasionally clap politely.
Thanks for the info on the castle. I never got to go there when I studied in Bavaria because the uni tours always take you straight to Neuschwanstein and Hohenschwangau, the better to appreciate the world of the Wagnerian soprano.
DeleteAround here we opt to let each person find their own bliss when it comes to sport, music, and art. That's why there's vanilla and chocolate, I always say.
Choice, that's a biggy (if it's Sunday it must be Switzerland on the bus tour). Bluebottle, I assume you mean cricket? My interest in sport is practically nil.
ReplyDelete